At Burnett Real Estate Team we know that people aren’t just moving into a home. They’re moving into a community. While we pride ourselves on offering the finest real estate services in the area, we might be even prouder that our community has done a lot to make Bentonville a great place to live.
From live entertainment to sporting events; fabulous downtown shopping to great restaurants; there’s a little something for everyone here. One of the ways Bentonville is taking things to the next level is our First Friday Celebration.
Music, Food, Fun, And More
From April to November, the first Friday of every month is cause for celebration in Bentonville as the downtown area is transformed into a one large, elaborate, themed block party. Live music is served up alongside an array of food, drinks, and other entertainment.
The streets of downtown are lined with vendors selling everything from t-shirts to baked goods and family friendly events are common. In addition to the on-street vendors, many local shops and restaurants stay open later and/or run discounts or promotions for First Friday attendees.
Each month promises a new theme. Fittingly, July 7th was a celebration of Americana Music and featured a number of musicians, vendors, and events centered around that theme. Past themes include:
● A Film Festival: In collaboration with the larger Bentonville Film Festival; the event featured a celebration of cinema
● An Art & Culinary festival featuring food, art, and crafts from local vendors as well as around the country.
● Toyland: An elaborate, family-friendly event where Wal-Mart toy vendors from around the country came to showcase their newest and best toy lines.
● An International Festival featuring art, music, and food from around the globe.
● Street Performers: An event fashioned a er the open-air festivals of Europe; celebrating jugglers,
musicians, fire-eaters, and all manners of street performance.
● Oktoberfest: Featuring plenty of dancing, drinks, (and even a root beer tent for the little ones)
● And More!
While the motif may change; one thing remains constant: a lot of food, entertainment, shopping, and fun for the whole family. The festivities started in 2008, and has been growing steadily ever since. The event serves as a great showcase for downtown Bentonville businesses, and offers a nice boost to the local economy as well.
The event attracts several thousand people each month and has attracted big name sponsors such as Wal-Mart (headquartered In Bentonville) and Coca-Cola. The event is run by Downtown Bentonville, anon-profit organization which organizes several great, local events.
Ready For Another First?
Whether you’re looking to move on a Friday, or any other day of the week: Bentonville is a great choice! If you’re interested in making Bentonville, or Northwest Arkansas your new home, we want to hear from you! Give the team at Burnett Real Estate Team a try, and let us turn your hunt for a new home into an event you’ll never forget! Contact Us today to learn more!