When thinking about building a new home, one of the most important decisions you will ever make would be to choose the right builder for the job. Out of all the available construction experts in the market today, finding the one that fits in perfectly with your vision is crucial. Fortunately enough, there are several ‘tested and found to be true’ methods that can help you find just the builder you need.
- Define your particular needs: What kind of house do you want in terms of size, type and price range?
- Always go for experience: These are the type of builders who have made their bones and know exactly what goes into successfully bringing up a new construction.
- Look at the track record: Are their past buyers satisfied? Use the available references to determine this and check out their online reviews.
- Accreditation: Use a licensed builder, one that is also insured.
- Do you share the same vision? Find out if they have experience with your chosen design and style.
- Do they provide any warranties and guarantee of service? The best builders do.
- See what kind of resale value their past homes have; do they increase in value?
- Are they members of their local Home Builder’s Association?
- Take a tour of model homes by the chosen builder: This will give you a real life idea on what the builder can do. Look for good signs of quality workmanship.
- Type of Builder: there are tract builders who virtually customize nothing. Then there are the two types of builders you are likely to use. They are: a semi-custom Builder and a complete custom home Builders. See our post on different types of Builders.
The best thing about finding the right builder for the job is not that they will help you achieve your dream of building the perfect home, but that they will do so with minimal stress. Home construction is not a simple project to undertake. It takes time, lots of money and extreme expertise. You need someone who is well versed in all aspects of the job; someone who can guide you when it comes to choosing finishes for your dream home and show you how to save money while still maintaining a high level of quality workmanship.
Cody Burnett put himself through college building homes. He built full time from 1997 to 2007. In 2008 he began to remodel and flip homes as well as working as a Realtor. By 2010 he was selling real estate full time as leader of The Burnett Real Estate Team. We have the skills, the experience, and the expertise to bring your dream home into reality. Give us a call and let’s put this expertise to great use for your new home.